- 300 g flour
- 125 g cornflour
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 180 g warm water
- 60 g vegetable oil
3h 30minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Weigh into bowl sugar, yeast and water
- Turn time selector to 1minute at 37o at speed 1
- Oil a clean bowl and set aside
- Weigh in remaining ingredients
- Use dough function for 2minutes
- Place dough in bowl and leave to rise for 60-90minutes (about double in size)
- Roll dough out by hand to squash any air bubbles out
- Place used oil bowl onto thermomix lid
- Weigh the dough, then divide by 8 so you now know each individual bun weight (about 97g)
- Roll out portioned dough into a circle. Brush lighlty with vegetable oil, then fold in half
- Place rolled dough onto baking paper squares and line up on a baking tray
- Cover with gladwrap and allow all 8 buns to proof again somewhere warm for 30minutes. Meanwhile...
- Weigh 800g of water into mixing bowl and heat 10minutes/varoma/speed 1
- Once buns have proofed for the 30minutes place into lighlt oiled varoma dish and tray, making sure there is space for the steam to move around
- Set varoma into position and steam buns 13minutes/varoma/speed 0.5 (prolong time if needed)
- Serve while warm
Accessories you need
We love using the sauce from "Sticky sesame chicken" along with kewpie mayo - both found on cookidoo.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.