- 400 g Basmati or Jasmine rice, Rinsed under cold water
- 2 tsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp Sambal Olek (Chilli Paste), (see note)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1/4 small Chinese Cabbage
- 1 carrot, Peeled, cut into Julienne
- 3 stalk Celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sticks spring onion
- 1 tsp fried shallots, to garnish
Recipe is created for
Place celery, garlic and spring onions in the TM bowl. 3sec/7speed.
Add sesame oil, 100 degrees, 2-3minute/1speed MC removed Basket on top.
Add Sambal olek, shrimp paste and both soy sauces to TM bowl with sauteed ingredients.
100 degrees, 3minutes/1speed. MC removed Basket on top.
Once cooked, remove from TM bowl and set aside.
Place roughly chopped Chinese cabbage into TM bowl and shred for 3seconds/4speed.
Remove Cabbage and place in the top part of the Varmoa Basket.
Rinse TM bowl. Place 400g rice into Basket and add required water as per everyday cookbook.
Place Carrott into the lower part of the varoma.
Place Varoma on top of TM basket for the last 10 minutes of the rice cooking.
Remove rice and place all ingredients into a large bowl and stir through the sauce and vegetables.
BEST Nasi Goreng
Accessories you need
Add additional Sambal Olek to taste.
Also fry up some eggs or omelette and add to dish.
Other variations can include, prawns, chicken and pork.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- SEHAM’S POTATO BAKE
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce