- 1 shallot, halved
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered, core removed
- 150 g dried apricots
- 75 g pistachio kernels
- 6-8 sprigs coriander
- juice of 1 orange
- 10 g olive oil
- 16 sheets fresh filo pastry
- 4 pieces pork fillet, trimmed to rectangle shape, (approx. 200-250g size piece)
- 50 g Butter, melted
- poppy seeds, (for top of parcel)
- pork fillet 'offcuts'
- filo pastry 'offcuts'
- 20 g Butter, melted
- poppy seeds, (for top of rolls)
Recipe is created for
Add all ingredients to TM bowl and lock lid. Chop salad for 1-2 sec / turbo and repeat 2-3 times until desired texture reached.
Preheat oven to 180 deg. celcius (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with paper.
Lay a sheet of filo pastry out and brush with butter. Place another sheet on top. Repeat until four sheets of pastry are layered together.
Place piece of pork fillet at one end of pastry (reserving the trimmed pieces of pork for the "rolls"). Spoon a heaped tablespoon of salad mixture on top of pork and roll in filo pastry to enclose. Trim off excess pastry and again, reserve for use in "rolls".
Brush top with butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Repeat for remaining pieces of pork until you have four parcels
Place on baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Add pork 'offcuts' to TM bowl and lock lid. Mince for 1-2 sec / turbo and repeat twice.
Scrape down bowl and add a couple of heaped tablespoons of salad. Mix for 10 sec / / sp 4
Using 'offcuts' of pastry, spoon one quarter of mixture onto pastry and roll up, enclosing filling. Brush with butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Repeat for remaining mixture.
Bake in oven for 25-30 mins or until golden.
Pork & Fennel Parcels
Pork & Fennel "Sausage Rolls"/Cigars
You can do as I did and create different types of servings for this dish or you can just use one component and adjust accordingly.
The "sausage rolls" have a sweetness to them that appeals to children, but they would make an equally lovely finger food for a party served with a dipping sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Outlook PST Recovery
- Kuttu Ki Khicdi
- Salmon Quiche
- EJJA ( Lebanese Egg Fritters)
- Squishy (Kids Favourite Veggie Quiche)
- Buster's Dog Food Stew
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Dark Chocolate Anzac Biscuits
- Raspberry White Chocolate Baked Cheesecake
- Christmas Pudding Bliss Balls
- Fig, Cranberry & Pistachio Turkey Roll
- Gluten Free Lemon Chia Slice
- Chocolate Chia Mousse
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 120 Gram Slice
- Rhubarb, Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies
- Flourless Chocolate Whole Orange Cake
- Strawberries & Cream Shortcake
- Jerusalem Artichoke & Kipfler Soup
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Mumble Slice
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Empanada Pastry
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing