THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 mall chicken breast or tight fillet sliced in half so it cooks quicker
- 1 clove garlic
- 1cm piece ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 400 grams cauliflower, broken into florets and white stalks chopped roughly
- 500 grams water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, sliced in sticks
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- --- a few leaves of lettuce, shredded
- pickled ginger, optional
- 2 tablespoons Thermomixed Mayo, see page 40 of the EDC
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Chef recipes Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Appetizer Main course Buffet Children birthday Everyday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Japanese Meat dish Rice dish Roll
- Chop the garlic and ginger for 5 secs./speed 6 and add the soy, vinegar, sesame oil and honey. Mix for 5 secs./speed 4. Pour out over the chicken and leave in the fridge to marinade for at lest 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Break the cauliflower into the mixing bowl and chop for 10 secs./speed 4.
- Do 3 second hurts at speed 4 until it is broken down to a rice consistency.
- Transfer to the basket and add 500g water to the mixing bowl. Put the lid on and pop the Varoma on top with the marinaded chicken.
- Cook for 15 mins./Varoma/Speed 4.
- Use the spatular to hook the basket of Cauli Rice, tipping and shaking gently over the bowl or sink to drain well, and transfer to the Thermoserver.
- Check the chicken, if it is not fully cooked then set it to steam for another 5-10 minutes. Once cooked transfer to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile add the vinegar, honey and salt to the cauli rice and using the spatular stir as you fan or blow on it to cool it. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Roll up using the mat and when its almost rolled and you have just the top overlay then wet the roll along the edge where the nori will stick to itself to complete the roll.
- Repeat with the rest of the fillings.
- Slice in half for older kids or into 4-8 pieces for younger children.
Cooking the Cauli Rice & Chicken
Other Filling IdeasSmoked SalmonAvocadoThermomixed tuna/salmon mayonaiseThermomixed chicken mayonaiseThermomixed egg mayonaise Home made pickled daikonHome made pickled ginger
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Variation Mealie Meal / Pap
- Chaffles diet doctor
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- All Colours Vegetable Salad
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Fig and almond bliss balls
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Stir Fry Cauliflower
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- Black and White Tofu
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Broccoli Salad
- Coffee chiffon cake with mocha ganache