- 1 small piece ginger, very small sliver to taste
- 40 g pecans, or walnuts
- 100 g Pineapple, fresh or canned
- 10 g Shredded coconut
- 50 g rolled oats/quinoa flakes, approx 2/3 cup
- 300 g Milk, approx 1 1/3 cups
- 1 dash cinnamon, to taste, extra to serve
- 1 dash Nutmeg, to taste
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- brown sugar, optional to taste
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt, to serve
Add ginger to bowl, chop Speed 7, 1 - 2 seconds.
Add pecans, chop Speed 5, 1 second.
Add pineapple pieces, chop Speed 5, 2 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add rolled oats, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and milk. Cook
90°C, 10 minutes, Speed 2. in last 30 seconds, add the banana. Alternatively, add half and reserve the other half for serving.
Serve with yoghurt, and the reserved bananas. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon, or Brown sugar (if extra sweetness is desired).
Accessories you need
I was inspired to make this after seeing the Carrot Cake Porridge by Sinead Dyer.
I use a mixture of rolled oats and quinoa flakes for my porridge, but this will work just as well with rolled oats, or quinoa flakes.
To increase the portion size, I use a ratio of 1/3 cup oats to 2/3 cup milk per adult serve.
This recipe should also work well as a bircher muesli, made the night before and served cold.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Hot Curry Chicken
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Turkey Nut Stuffing
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice