- 1 onion, medium size brown
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 centimetres ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Seasame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Five Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons Peanut Butter, contains nuts
- 3 tablespoons fish stock, liquid fish stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 400 grams Jasmine rice, could also use basmati
- 1 bunch Broccoli Head, cut into pieces
- 500 grams Japanese scallops, roe removed
Recipe is created for
To make the first part of the sauce. Place onion quartered, garlic and ginger into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add olive oil and 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove from mixing bowl and set aside.
You don't need to wash or rinse the bowl. To make the second part of the sauce. Add all ingredients that make up the second part of the sauce and mix 15 sec/speed 4. Remove from the bowl and combine with the first part of the sauce.
Add scallops and any scallop juices to the combined sauce mixture and marinade in a bowl.
Place rice into TM basket and rinse until water runs clear.
Place 900 ml of water into the mixing bowl and insert the TM basket with rice.
Cook rice 5 min/Varoma/speed 3 with the MC removed.
Add broccoli pieces to the bottom of the Varoma dish and place on the thermomix.
Cook rice for a further 5 min/Varoma/speed 3 with the Varoma dish in place.
Add scallops and sauce to the top of the Varoma dish. Some sauce may drop into the rice which is ok.
Cook for another 6 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Mix rice, scallops and sauce mixture together in a ThermoServer. Season to taste. Reserve some of the liquid in the mixing bowl and add to the ThermoServer.
Accessories you need
Great easy meal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters