- 1 onion, medium size brown
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 centimetres ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Seasame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Five Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons Peanut Butter, contains nuts
- 3 tablespoons fish stock, liquid fish stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 400 grams Jasmine rice, could also use basmati
- 1 bunch Broccoli Head, cut into pieces
- 500 grams Japanese scallops, roe removed
8Recipe is created for
To make the first part of the sauce. Place onion quartered, garlic and ginger into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add olive oil and 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove from mixing bowl and set aside.
You don't need to wash or rinse the bowl. To make the second part of the sauce. Add all ingredients that make up the second part of the sauce and mix 15 sec/speed 4. Remove from the bowl and combine with the first part of the sauce.
Add scallops and any scallop juices to the combined sauce mixture and marinade in a bowl.
Place rice into TM basket and rinse until water runs clear.
Place 900 ml of water into the mixing bowl and insert the TM basket with rice.
Cook rice 5 min/Varoma/speed 3 with the MC removed.
Add broccoli pieces to the bottom of the Varoma dish and place on the thermomix.
Cook rice for a further 5 min/Varoma/speed 3 with the Varoma dish in place.
Add scallops and sauce to the top of the Varoma dish. Some sauce may drop into the rice which is ok.
Cook for another 6 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Mix rice, scallops and sauce mixture together in a ThermoServer. Season to taste. Reserve some of the liquid in the mixing bowl and add to the ThermoServer.
Great easy meal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Mushroom and Pancetta Risotto
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Chia Apple and Almond Porridge
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- Swedish caramel biscuits (Kolakakor / Sirapskakor)
- Lemon and Goji Switchel
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Apple Tea Cakes
- 15 second Berrylicious muffins
- Fruit slice
- Keto Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Thai Green Curry
- DinnerWinner Curry