- 180 g Jasmine rice, measured originally with a rice cup so weight approximate
- 750 g water
- 750 g duck stock, chicken stock can be used, extra cup (250g) reserved if required
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 salted egg, peeled, whites chopped and yolk reserved for garnishing
- 2 Century eggs, peeled, whites chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped, retaining green section for garnishing
- 1 cm fresh ginger piece, chopped finely
8Recipe is created for
Place rice in Thermomix with all of water and 500g of stock. Set the Butterfly attachment to the bowl and start TMX on the basic risotto setting of 100C , Speed Soft and Reverse for 20 minutes. Check on progress of the rice grains. The grains should have sufficiently broken down by 20 minutes but another 5+ minutes of cooking may be ideal, and the extra cup of stock should be added at this stage to keep the consistency watery. At this point, add ginger, onion, salt, sesame oil and salted & Century egg whites. Check on progress at end of this period. Once ready, serve congee in a bowl with desired garnish (salted egg yolk, fried scallions etc).
A more complex flavour can be achieved with the use of pork ribs, dried oysters and/or scallops and fried scallions but I kept things fairly simple here. Very satisfying nonetheless
Accessories you need
For more information, please refer to:Thermomix Congee
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Mushroom and Pancetta Risotto
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA