- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 2 onions, Peeled &amp; Halved
- 20 grams coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry powder, Thermomix curry or shop purchased
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 400 gram coconut cream, Homemade or Tinned
- 3 leaves Kaffir Lime, Remove stems
- 2 --- Curry Leaves
- 30 gram coriander, Stems, Leaves &amp; Roots (if available)
- 2 or 3 Birdseye chillis (with seeds), Remove seeds to reduce heat
- 1 can Green jackfruit, Drained
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar, Or Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Kaffir Lime or Lime, Cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot
- salt to taste
- snow peas, Washed and De-stemmed
- Mixed veggies - bok choy, carrots, beans etc
- 2 tablespoons Lime or Kaffir Lime Zest
- 4 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- coriander leaves
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Shred jackfruit 10 seconds, speed 5 or until it resembles the consistency you desire. Set aside.
Place garlic, coriander stems (and roots if available) chili and onion in bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7
Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula
Add coconut oil, curry powder and turmeric and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1
Add coconut cream, soy sauce, kaffir leaves, curry leaves, sugar, lime wedges and any harder veggies like carrots and potatoes and cook for 15 min/Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1. Leave MC off for this step. Place rice basket on top to minimise splatter.
Add arrowroot (mixed in a little water to a creamy paste consistency), coriander leaves and any softer veggies like bok choy and cook for a further 4 min/100c/Reverse/speed 1 (MC off, rice basket on)
Season with salt to taste
Transfer to ThermoServer, removing kaffir leaves and lime wedges. Stir in snow peas and jackfruit.
Prepare rice or cauliflower rice
Garnish curry with coconut, lime zest and coriander leaves and serve over rice of choice
Kaffir Curried Chicken
This dish can have more "bite"by adding more fresh chillies. Remember to remove lime wedges and kaffir leaves
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Vegan green curry
- Vegan All-Purpose Cheese Sauce from @ohsheglows
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- Crayfish Cob Loaf