- 250 g Pork Pieces, half frozen
- 5 g ginger
- 1 piece onion, medium size, cut quarterly
- 2 pieces Dry Shitaki Mushroom
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 150 g cabbage, cut small pieces
- 1 piece carrot, cut 24 thin slices, rest cut small pieces
- 1 portion Pizza Dough, refer to Basic Cookbook Pizza Dough recipe
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Prepare a Pizza Dough as per Basic Cookbook Pizza Dough recipe. Transfer dough onto ThermoMat and work into a ball. Wrap dough in ThermoMat. Leave to prove in a warm place.
2. Place all ingredients into except cabbage/carrot, 5 sec/speed 10, scrape down, and again 5 sec/speed 10. Scrape down, and then 30 sec/speed 5/ . Transfer the pork mince into a bowl.
3. Place cabbage/carrot pieces into , 3 sec/speed 5. Keep the 24 thin carrot slices aside for later.
4. Add pork mince back into , 3 sec/speed 5/ .
5. Transfer vege & pork mince mixture into a bowl.
6. Divided dough into 24 pieces, then roll into balls. Flatten each piece with the palm of the hand to form a thin circle. The center of the circle should be thicker than the edge. Place one portion of the pork filling in the center of each dough circle. Wrap the dough to enclose the filling. Pinch edges to form the bun. Place each bun on a thin carrot slice.
7. Space out first lot of 12 buns on Veroma Dish & Tray. Cover Veroma Lid on & leave to prove in a warm place. Place the other 12 buns onto ThermoMat & cover with kitchen towel.
8. In the meantime, place a tiny dough ball into a glass of lukewarm water. The buns will be ready to steam when the tiny ball float to the top. Place 1 liter water into , steam for 20 min/Varoma/speed 1.
9. Repeat step 8 for rest of the buns.
Vege & Pork Steam Bun
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Beetroot Burgers
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Chilli Chicken Saag