- 180 g almond, raw, soaked in warm-hot water for 1-2 hours
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cm ginger, peeled, sliced into rounds
- 1 tsp Tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 45 g water
- cos lettuce leaves
- alfalfa sprouts
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Drain and rinse almonds. Add all almond "rice" ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Blend 3 SECS SPD 9. Scrape down sides and repeat blending step. The "rice" needs to reach the consistency of a paste/pate.
- Scrape out "rice" mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Lay nori sheet down as per instructions on your packet. Layer the sheet with one or two lettuce leaves (roughly chopped), coat with a thick layer of the almond "rice", followed with a line of sliced avocado, cucumber, either julienned or ribbons, and top with sprouts. Roll your sushi tightly with damp hands, and to seal the nori sheet together, run a damp finger across the edge to act as a glue that holds the roll together. Cut into discs with a sharp knife. Serve with your favourite sushi dipping sauce.
This mixture will make 4-6 sushi rolls. If you only want to make a couple of rolls at a time, the "rice" mixture will last in the refigerator for up to 7 days.
Accessories you need
You could also use carrots, capsicum and snow pea sprouts as some other filling suggestions! For a vegan option, omit rice wine vinegar and replace with extra lime or lemon juice. Use coconut aminos instead of the tamari soy sauce. If you do try my recipe or any others, please leave me some feeback, good or bad. Thanks!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Souffle - Spinach
- Pantry Lentil Curry
- Butter Chickpeas by The Thermo Niche
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Passionfruit Slice
- Peanut Bites
- Souffle - Spinach
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Sandwhich Bread
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Strawberry jelly slice
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad