- 1200 grams Fresh Roma Tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 whole nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- 500 grams Navy / White Beans
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Find a large cast iron dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid
- Heat oven to 120C
- Add 500g dried beans to cast iron pot
- Pour over enough water to cover the dried beans by about 3.5cm.
- Add 3-4 tsp salt
- Put on a hob burner until all the water is fully boiling.
- Turn off the hob, put on the lid and bake for 1h 15m @ 120C.
- Pour off any excess liquid.
Peel a medium onion and place in the TM bowl. Chop on Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Add knob of butter and saute 100C, Speed 1 for 5 minutes.
Add 1.2kg fresh Roma tomatoes and puree on Speed 8-9 for 20-30 seconds. (You might need to add the tomatoes in two batches).
Cook 100C, Speed 3 for 60 minutes.
Approx 5 mins before the end, add 4tsp salt, a few good twists of the pepper grider, and grate in 1/4 nutmeg kernel, and any other herbs/spices you feel might add to the flavour.
Add the tomato sauce to your cooked beans, and voila!
Cooking the beans (Cast iron pot)
Cooking the Tomato Sauce (Thermomix)
Obviously swap butter for something else to go dairy free/lactose free.
No-soak beans taken from: //thepauperedchef.com/2009/06/90-minute-no-soak-beans.html
When finished, the beans should be soft, but not complete mush and with a lovely smooth creamy taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stuffed Peppers
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Superfood Magic Pasta sauce
- vegan scrambled eggs
- Vegetables in saffron, chilli & coconut broth
- Pasta with Mushrooms
- Eggplant Parmigana
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Eggplant Hotpot
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Peppermint Slice
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Quick Puff Pastry
- Double choc apricot muffins
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce