- 1200 grams Fresh Roma Tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 whole nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- 500 grams Navy / White Beans
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Find a large cast iron dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid
- Heat oven to 120C
- Add 500g dried beans to cast iron pot
- Pour over enough water to cover the dried beans by about 3.5cm.
- Add 3-4 tsp salt
- Put on a hob burner until all the water is fully boiling.
- Turn off the hob, put on the lid and bake for 1h 15m @ 120C.
- Pour off any excess liquid.
Peel a medium onion and place in the TM bowl. Chop on Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Add knob of butter and saute 100C, Speed 1 for 5 minutes.
Add 1.2kg fresh Roma tomatoes and puree on Speed 8-9 for 20-30 seconds. (You might need to add the tomatoes in two batches).
Cook 100C, Speed 3 for 60 minutes.
Approx 5 mins before the end, add 4tsp salt, a few good twists of the pepper grider, and grate in 1/4 nutmeg kernel, and any other herbs/spices you feel might add to the flavour.
Add the tomato sauce to your cooked beans, and voila!
Cooking the beans (Cast iron pot)
Cooking the Tomato Sauce (Thermomix)
Obviously swap butter for something else to go dairy free/lactose free.
No-soak beans taken from: //thepauperedchef.com/2009/06/90-minute-no-soak-beans.htmlI used Marco Polo "White Beans", and I understand Navy Beans are also suitable.
When finished, the beans should be soft, but not complete mush and with a lovely smooth creamy taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff