- 2-3 cm 3cm knob ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed for milder flavour
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cummin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 40 gram Olive Oil.
- 250 gram red lentils dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 700 gram water
- 10 gram lime juice
- few sprig coriander, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Ginger, garlic, red onion and green chilli in bowl. Mill 3 sec speed 7
- Add cumin, turmeric, olive oil Sauté 3 mins Varoma Speed 1 MC off
- Add red lentils, salt and water 20 mins "Counter-clockwise operation" 100o Speed 1 Remove MC and replace with TM basket.
- Add lime juice 10 sec Speed 2
- Garnish with Coriander
Accessories you need
Serve with rice or Roti. This roti recipe is simple and delicious keep warm in Thermoserver //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/roti-chapati-or-wrap/36679
If you like spicy add more chilli.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins