THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 80 g Macadamia or cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp savoury yeast flakes, also called nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 200 grams Firm tofu
- 100 g bread, stale, dryish bread is best; can use gluten free bread
- 1 large handful of herbs, - mainly parsley with a little rosemary, basil, thyme or oregano.
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 800 g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Salt, pepper to taste
1. Prepare chia seed 'egg' by mixing chia seeds with water in a cup and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to form a thick gel.
2. Add 'Cheese' ingredients to bowl and mix for 5 secs, speed 5.
3.Add remainder of the ingredients to the bowl including the chia 'egg' and mix 5-10 secs, speed 7 until combined.
4. Roll into walnut sized balls and place on lightly greased Varoma tray.
5. Place onion and garlic into bowl and chop 3 sec, speed 7. Add oil and fry for 5 mins/100°C/speed 1. Add rest of tomato sauce ingredients to bowl.
5. Place Varoma into position.
6. Cook at Varoma temperature for 20 mins.
Serve gnocchi with tomato sauce.
Accessories you need
Can be gluten free by using gluten free bread.
Can subsitute cold boiled or mashed potato for the tofu, if needing soy-free.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Fennel Puree
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Chocolate Ginger Love with Strawberry & Basil Sugar
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- MOROCCAN RICE SALAD
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Quince & Cardamom Steamed Puddings
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Spicy Vegan Sausages (Wheat Free)
- Quickest Scones
- creamy parmesan sauce or dip
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Savoury Mini Muffins
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Creamy tuna dip
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet