- 250 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 180 g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces (see Tips)
- 40 g water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 5 sprigs fresh chives, cut into pieces
- 250 g smooth ricotta cheese
- 40 g sour cream
- 2 eggs, 1 lightly beaten, for glazing
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, plus extra to season
- 0.5 tsp sea salt, plus extra to season
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves (see Tips)
- rocket, for garnishing
- pine nuts, to serve (optional)
- vincotto, (vino cotto), to serve (see Tips)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Set aside a baking tray (30 x 40 cm).
- Place flour and butter into mixing bowl and mix 3 sec/speed 4.
- Add water, lemon juice, salt and egg yolk and mix 10 sec/speed 4. Transfer onto a floured work surface, shape into a ball, then flatten into a disc. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper into a circle (approx. 30 cm wide, 3 mm thick), dusting pastry and rolling pin with flour and lifting pastry as needed. Transfer pastry with baking paper onto baking tray. Remove top sheet of baking paper and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place garlic, spring onions/shallots and chives into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add ricotta, sour cream, 1 egg, pepper and salt and mix 5 sec/speed 4.
- Transfer mixture into centre of the reserved pastry, leaving a 5 cm border. Quickly lift border over the edge of the filling, pinching it slightly as you go (avoid pastry on pastry, make sure to lift your pastry over filling). Arrange half of the tomatoes on top of filling and season with extra salt and pepper. Brush pastry rim with beaten egg and bake for 20-22 minutes (220°C), until pastry is cooked and golden brown.
- Garnish with rocket, remaining tomatoes and pine nuts (optional), then drizzle with vino cotto to serve.
For best results, pastry requires a cool environment. Use cold ingredients, cold hands and put your utensils into the freezer to chill if possible. If you feel your pastry is getting too soft while you are working, place into the freezer for a few minutes before continuing.
You can use cherry tomatoes of choice. We used a variety of types, sizes and colours.
Made from grape must, vino cotto is a thick, sweet/sour syrup used to enhance the flavour of both savoury and sweet dishes. You can find it at gourmet food stores or online. If it's not available, you can replace it with a good-quality olive oil, balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar in this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Ouma’s soetkoekies (sweet biscuits)
- Best Ever Aussie pumpkin pie
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)