- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, black
- 1 teaspoon urad dhal
- 1 teaspoon panch phoran
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Cashews
- 2 teaspoons sambar powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 250 g basmati rice
- 450 g water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add oil to mixing bowl. 10min / 120 degree / . 5 minutes into this step, add the mustard seeds, urad dhal, and panch phoran.
2. Add all the nuts, 3min / 120 degree / .
3. Add garlic, chop 3 seconds / speed 5.
4. Add onion and chilli, chop 4 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down. Saute 5 minutes / 120 degree /
5. Add tomato, chop 4 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down. Saute 1 minute / 120 degree /
6. Add all the powder spices, salt, and spinach. Mix 10 seconds / / speed 1
7. From here on, turn to Automated Function for cooking rice. Use the rice and water amount specified here. Omit oil, salt, and bay leaves. Then let the automated function cooks the rice. When it is done, serve imediately.
Accessories you need
1. Make sure MC is off the whole time until Step 7. Then just follows the automated instructions.
2. Panch Phoran is a spice mix of equal parts of cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds, and mustard seeds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Japanese Devilled Eggs
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE