- 5 large potatoes, cut in chunks
- 100 g cup milk, or 1/2 cup
- 30 g Butter
- 1/2 cup of cheese, Optional
- 1 onion large, chopped in quarters
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini, or sweet potato
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tablespoon EDC vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 tin condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 tin of water, use tin of tomato soup to measure
- 100 g red wine
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 cup of mixed frozen peas, corn, carrots, or tin or corn etc
Peel and chop potatoes and cut into chunks. Place into the bottom tray of the varoma and set aside.
Chop onions into quarters and place with garlic in the mixing bowl, chop 4 seconds / speed 6.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook varoma / 3 minutes / speed 2.
Roughly peel and chop carrot and zucchini and celery. Add to the Mixing bowl and blend 4 seconds / speed 6, or less if you want it chunkier.
Cook Varoma / 3 minutes / speed 2.
Add stock, soup, water, wine, lentils. Cook Varoma / 20 minutes / speed 2.
Place the varoma with the potatoes on top and let steam.
Preheat Oven - 180c.
Add mixed frozen vegies to the mixing bowl, replace Varoma and continue cooking on Varoma / 5 minutes / speed 2.
Once finished remove the potatoes and set aside (if they need another five minutes you can keep going).
Remove Mixing bowl and place contents into an oven proof dish.
Rinse the bowl and add the butterfly.
Add the potatoes, butter and milk. Mix 30 seconds / speed 4.
Add the potatoes to the dish with the filling, carefully in small scoops hoping it doesn't sink too much. Rough it up with a fork.
Add cheese if you wish.
Place in oven at 180c for 20 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Don't worry if you don't precisely weigh and measure everything, this dish will still taste good with rough amounts. Improvise with fillings too!
Lazy Option: Add frozen potato gems (tater tots) on the top instead of mashed potato.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Dad's special sauce - tomato sauce / ketchup
- Hash Brown Crust Quiche - Gluten Free
- Clone of Steph's Steamed Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Peta's Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Zucchini and Sweet Potato Soup
- Chicken, leek, pistachio and prosciutto terrine
- Pimped Up Silverside or corned beef with a honey bourbon glaze
- Lime self saucing pudding
- Pumpkin Soup
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Butter Ganache
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Meatball Surprise Soup
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Viennese whirls
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours