- 500 g pumpkin
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1 star anise
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2.5cm piece cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 30 g oil
- 230 g dried red or yellow lentils
- 400 g pureed tomatoes
- 375 g water
Place pumpkin and coriander (leaves and stems) into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside.
Place cardamom, star anise, cumin seeds and mustards seeds into measuring cup and drop onto blades spinning at speed 8. Process for 8-10 seconds. Scrape down with spatula.
Add garlic, ginger and onion and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula.
Add oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2 with measuring cup off.
Replace measuring cup. Add pumpkin and water and cook for two minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2.
Add tomatoes and lentils and cook for 15 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2.
Check that pumpkin and lentils are cooked and stir through some fresh chopped parsley.
Serve with yoghurt and garnish with coriander, rice and/or naan. It is quite a soupy consistency.
This recipe was converted from the original developed by Penni Lamprey and published in INSPIRED COOKING, a collection of recipes compiled by the Hobart Mums Network and launched in 2013. Penni runs a Meal-Planning business in Tasmania. Check it out at //amethodofcookery.com/ .
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Mint Dip
- EASY BREAKFAST PORRIDGE
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake