- 40 g unsalted cashew nuts, (Raw or Roasted)
- 2-3 pieces Onion halved
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 10 g ginger, (Cut into 2cm size)
- 20 g OilveOil, (approx 2 Tbsp)
- 2 tablespoon garam masala powder, (from Basic Cook Book)
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder, (Optional)
- 2 tablespoon MDH Shahi Panner Masala, (Optional)
- 170-200 g Thickening cream, (Bulla&amp;amp;#039;s Light Cream)
- water, (1-1.5 Cup)
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons tomato paste, (or 2 medium sized tomatoes quartered)
- salt, As per your taste
- 300 g Paneer (Indian cottage cheese), (if frozen must be thawed). Cut into 2cm cubes
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place cashew nuts into the mixing bowl. Mill at 10 Sec/Spd 9.
Keep it in the bowl.
Add Onion, Ginger, Garlic, red/green chillies (optional).
Chop at 3 sec/Spd 5.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula if needed.
Add Oil and all the dry spices (Garam Masala, turmeric powder, Corinder powder, Cumin powder, MDH Shahi Paneer Masala (this is optional) , Salt (As per your taste)).
Then cook for 10min/100 degree/Spd 2 (you can even do this step for 6 mins but I like my onions to be sauted for a bit longer)
I also normally prefer to add more spices as they get bit bland once cream is added. But please avoid if you like it less hot/spicy.
Add Cream, Water & Tomato Paste (or fresh tomatoes quartered).
Mix all for 5 sec/Spd 6
Cook all of them for 6 mins/100 degree/Spd 2
Add Paneer (indian cottage cheese) and gently mix with spatula and cook for 5 min/90 degree//(Spoon Speed).
Please be careful not to mash the paneer while mixing
Please note: if the paneer is very soft, then cook only for 3 mins.
Serve it with Roti/Naan/Rice.
Shahi Paneer Masala
Accessories you need
I normally mix all dry spices separately in a small bowl. Easier to put all together into the mixing bowl.
You can always play with the spices and make it more or less hot.
If you want to use less oil then you can either add water or increase cream. For eg if you want to use 1TBsp of oil then just add extra 50-60ml of water or cream.
This is my "First" recipe contribution in the community It is very special to me as it's my hubby's favourite dish ,which I learned from him only
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chickpea Dosa
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto