- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 medium-size eggplant, diced into 1” cubes
- 5 large tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
Recipe is created for
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and then line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Fill a small saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat, add the cashews and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes.
Divide the eggplant, tomatoes, onion, and garlic among the baking sheets then pour half of the olive oil on each and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Use a spoon to stir the vegetables until they are evenly coated in oil. Transfer the baking sheets to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the eggplant is very tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Once the vegetables have cooled down, transfer them to a blender. Drain the cashews then add them to the blender as well along with the vegetable broth, thai green curry paste, and herbs. Blend on high until smooth.
Reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving. Garnish with chopped cashews and fresh herbs and enjoy!
Your soup recipe is ready. You can also blend coconut milk and thai curry paste to make delicious curry
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff