- 40 g coriander seeds
- 40 g cumin seeds
- 10 g dried red chillies
- 50 g coriander, Washed thoroughly and left to dry on a towel
- 10 g garlic cloves, peeled
- 100 g ginger, Sliced in 2mm coins along the lines on the skin
- 200 g olive oil
- 100 g water
- 100 g lemon juice
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground tumeric
- 30 g salt
- 50 g Dried Onions
- 140 g Tomato purée (passata)
- 40 g Nuttelex or other dairy free spread
- 150 g onions
- 2 Fresh Green Chillies, Keep the seeds if you like next level heat
- 20 g ginger, sliced along the lines on the skin into 2mm coins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g water
- 70 g tomato puree
- 500 g coconut cream
- 100 g red lentils
- 200 g Tikka paste
- 800 g 2 x cans of chickpeas (drained)
- 1. Weigh coriander seeds, cumin and dried red chillies into TM bowl. Heat 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
2. Grind 1 minute/Speed 8.
3. Add fresh coriander, garlic, ginger and olive oil to TM bowl. Blend 1 minute/Speed 10. Scrape down the lid and sides of the TM bowl with the spatula.
4. Add remaining ingredients. Cook 40-60 minutes/80C/Speed 2. When the paste is cooked, a lovely red sheen of oil should be starting to show on the surface. Using a sterilized spoon, spoon the paste into sterilized jars, pouring a little more olive oil if necessary to submerge the paste. Cover the jars with sterilized lids and keep in the fridge. Top up with a little more oil after each use so the paste stays submerged under the oil. This helps to preserve it and will keep for 6 weeks this way.
- Heat the nuttelex 1 minute/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
- Add onions, chillies, ginger, fresh coriander and garlic. Mince 10 seconds/Speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides and lid of the TM bowl with the spatula. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup OFF
- Avoiding the blade unit, add dry spices and salt. Cook 3 minutes Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup ON.
- Add the water. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
- Add tikka paste, lentils, tomato puree and 250g water. Cook 30 minutes/100C/Speed Spoon/Reverse Blade Direction. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Add chickpeas, coconut cream and stir 30 seconds/speed 1/reverse blade.
- Serve with rice
Accessories you need
For Indian food lovers, this recipe is taken from the Thermomix 'Fast and Easy Indian Cooking'
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle