- 40 g coriander seeds
- 40 g cumin seeds
- 10 g dried red chillies
- 50 g coriander, Washed thoroughly and left to dry on a towel
- 10 g garlic cloves, peeled
- 100 g ginger, Sliced in 2mm coins along the lines on the skin
- 200 g olive oil
- 100 g water
- 100 g lemon juice
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground tumeric
- 30 g salt
- 50 g Dried Onions
- 140 g Tomato purée (passata)
- 40 g Nuttelex or other dairy free spread
- 150 g onions
- 2 Fresh Green Chillies, Keep the seeds if you like next level heat
- 20 g ginger, sliced along the lines on the skin into 2mm coins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g water
- 70 g tomato puree
- 500 g coconut cream
- 50 g red lentils
- 100 g Tikka paste
- 400 g can of chickpeas (drained)
1. Weigh coriander seeds, cumin and dried red chillies into TM bowl. Heat 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
2. Grind 1 minute/Speed 8.
3. Add fresh coriander, garlic, ginger and olive oil to TM bowl. Blend 1 minute/Speed 10. Scrape down the lid and sides of the TM bowl with the spatula.
4. Add remaining ingredients. Cook 40-60 minutes/80C/Speed 2. When the paste is cooked, a lovely red sheen of oil should be starting to show on the surface. Using a sterilized spoon, spoon the paste into sterilized jars, pouring a little more olive oil if necessary to submerge the paste. Cover the jars with sterilized lids and keep in the fridge. Top up with a little more oil after each use so the paste stays submerged under the oil. This helps to preserve it and will keep for 6 weeks this way.
Heat the nuttelex 1 minute/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
Add onions, chillies, ginger, fresh coriander and garlic. Mince 10 seconds/Speed 5.
Scrape down the sides and lid of the TM bowl with the spatula. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup OFF
Avoiding the blade unit, add dry spices and salt. Cook 3 minutes Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup ON.
Add the water. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
Add tikka paste, lentils, tomato puree and coconut cream. Cook 20 minutes/100C/Speed Spoon/Reverse Blade Direction . Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Add chickpeas and stir 30 seconds/speed 1/reverse blade.
Serve with rice
If you are wanting to double the recipe, just double the lentils, chickpeas & tikka paste, nothing else.
For Indian food lovers, this recipe is taken from the Thermomix 'Fast and Easy Indian Cooking'
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Vegan green curry