- 1 clove Peeled garlic
- 1 large Brown onion (peeled and quatered)
- 1 carrot, Ends cut off, cut into big chunks
- 7 - 8 button mushrooms
- 2 stalks Celery, chunky chopped
- 150g other pale or orange coloured veg, (ie cabbage, cauliflower, zucchini, pumpkin, yam)
- 1 TBsp vegetarian "beef" stock powder, (I use "Massel" brand)
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 400g water
- 100g red wine
- 100g red lentils
- 50g walnuts
- 50g Cashews
- 1Tbsp Vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 cup mixed frozen peas and corn
- 7 large Brushed Potatoes
- 40g butter (cubed)
- 40g Milk
- 1 TBsp finely chopped parsley ot chives
- 100g shredded tasty cheese or parmesan cheese
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Mill cashews and walnuts 10sec / speed 8. scrape bowl if necesary so that the milled nuts are loose in the bowl and not sticking to it.
Add garlic and chop 2 sec / speed 8
Add remaining veg and chop 5 sec / speed 6 (check the bowl, scrape and add another second or 2 if required)
Add all remaining ingredients except frozen peas and corn
cook 25min / 100°c / speed 2.5 "Counter-clockwise operation"
add the frozen veg and give it a quick stir through with the spatula.
Peel and chop the potatoes into large chunks before adding them to a pot of boiling water for 25 min. (if you want, you can cook them in the varoma at the same time as the base, just make sure you chop the pieces smaller - note: you will also get a little of the base flavouring your potatoes)
Mash the potatoes with the butter and milk
Pour the base into an oven dish, then carefully scoop little spoons of the mashed potato on top. (it's better a bit rough, not smooth)
sprinkle the herbs and cheese over the top and bake in the oven at 180°c for around 20 min
Accessories you need
Make without the milk, cheese, and butter for a dairy free/vegan alternative, just spray a little olive oil on the top of the potatoes before you put it in the oven, or use vegan substitues.
the darker colour and "meaty" texture and taste is achived via a combination of the red wine, Worcestershire sauce, "beef" stock, mushrooms and nuts. The nuts also help to thicken the base. If you find that the veggies you used have made the base a bit too runny, after you pour the base into the oven dish, just give the bowl a quick rinse and dry, then mill some more nuts - then stir them into the dish. You could also add some cornflour in step 4, but I have never found this necessary.
I have used green lentils instead of red, they taste good, but need alot longer to cook (around double the time)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Gourmet crackers
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Savoury Bites
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough