- 50 grams Mung Dahl (split), soaked in water 3 hours
- 50 grams red lentils, soaked in water 3 hours
- 100 grams basmati rice, soaked in water 3 hours
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil or Ghee
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon Cardamon seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, (optional)
- 1 freshly grated ginger, large, palm sized lump
- 400 grams chopped Veggies, zucchini, eggplant, green beans, bell peppers, sweet potato,etc.
- 900 grams water
- 1 stick Kombu, (optional)
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Soak Mung Dahl, Red Lentils and Basmati Rice separately for several hours.
- Add the Coconut Oil to your Thermomix and heat for 3 mins/Varoma "Gentle stir setting"
- Add Coriander, Cardamom, Fennel, Black Mustard, Fenugreek, Peppercorns & Bay Leaf and cook 3 minutes/ Varoma "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- Add rest of the spices, Onion, Garlic and Ginger and mix 10 seconds speed 1
- Add a little water and grind 30 seconds speed 7. Repeat if necessary until you have a smooth paste.
- Drain Dahl, Lentils and Basmati Rice. Rinse well until water runs clear and add to pot.
- Add chopped Veggies, Kombu (if using) & Water cook 45-60 minutes / 95 "Counter-clockwise operation" speed .5
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry