- 1 onion, (halved)
- 2 cloves garlic, (peeled)
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g mixed vegetables, (eg. carrot, zucchini, baby spinach, capsicum, mushrooms etc)
- 500 g Mince Meat, (eg. beef, beef and pork mix etc)
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pinch salt, (or to preference)
- 1 pinch pepper, (or to preference)
- 1 sprig Basil leaves, (about 10 leaves)
- 1 bayleaf
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion and garlic in bowl. Chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add olive oil. Saute for 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Add 400 g mixed vegetables (we just use what we have in the fridge, but generally at least 1-2 carrots, zucchini, mushrooms). Chop 5 seconds, speed 6.
- Place the minced meat, 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil leaves, tomato paste, salt and pepper and the dried bayleaf into the bowl. Use your spatula to mix all of the ingredients then cook for 30 minutes, Varoma temperature "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
- Remove the bayleaf before serving. Serve with cooked pasta of choice and parmessan cheese.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple sausage rolls
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles