- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, (plus another tablespoon for stir frying later)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli, (I use half a dried chilli so kids can eat it)
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 500 grams stir fry steak, (rump also works)
- 100 grams raw cashews
- 250 grams basmati rice
- 200-250 grams fresh or frozen small vegetables, (peas,corn,capsicum, carrot etc)
- 900 grams water
1. Add stock, fish and oyster sauce, oil, garlic, chilli and sugar to bowl and mix on speed 7 for 10 seconds. Add sliced meat and mix for 10 seconds/reverse/speed 2. Set aside (I put back in meat tray to save dishes).
2. Without cleaning bowl, place steaming basket in bowl. Add rice and place vegetables on top of rice. Weigh water (I use hot water) but pouring over rice and vegetables. Close lid, add MC and mix on speed 10 for 4 seconds just to really wet the rice. Cook 20 mins/varoma/speed 2.
3. Use spatula to remove basket and tip rice and vegetables into thermoserver, put lid on and set aside.
4. Tip out water that was in the bowl. You shouldn't need to rinse bowl but you can. Heat your bowl for 2 minutes/varoma/speed 2. During the 2nd minute, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to bowl and replace MC.
5. Add marinated meat mixture and cashews to bowl while it is hot and cook for 5 minutes/varoma/reverse/speed 1. Tip meat and sauce mix over rice and mix through with spoon. Serve immediately.
Accessories you need
Next time I try this, I am going to add some snow peas and broccoli when I stirfry the meat just so we end up with more leftovers! Will update on how it goes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni
- Keto Garlic Cheese Crackers
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Big Batch Homemade Golden Syrup
- Baked Custard Tarts
- Dairy Free Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara
- Yummy Easy Vegetarian Pasties
- Quick and easy Quiche
- Lisa's yummy "plain" biscuits
- Curried Cabbage with Cashews (Vegan)
- Easy "no milk" chocolate milkshake - vegan sugar free single serve
- Individual Trifles like Balfours - kid friendly
- Easy TM5 Honey Yoghurt
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash