- 4 tablespoons rice wine vingar
- 400 grams sushi rice
- 4 eggs, optional
- 2 tablespoons mirin, (rice wine)
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 grams Fresh Beetroot
- 4-6 nori sheets
- 4 tbsp TMX EDC Mayonnaise, or lime & wasabi mayo
- 1/2 cucumber in long thin slices, or aparagus
- Tamari/soy sauce and wasabi to serve, pink pickled ginger
- lime juice
- 1/2 carrot in long thin slices
8Recipe is created for
Weigh rice into TMX basket, rinse under tap until water is clear. Place basket in TMX bowl and add 900 grams water. If using the egg whisk together lightly & pour onto varoma dish spread with baking paper, place on top of TMX. Cook for 20mintues, Varoma temperature, on speed 3.5.
Mix together the salt, mirin and rice vinegar till dissolved and set aside.
Once cooked remove rice and place in shallow dish, empty water from the TM & chop the beetroot for 3 secs on speed 5. Slice the steamed egg omlette into thin strips & set aside to cool.
When rice has cooled a little, stir through rice vinegar dressing & the chopped beetroot. Wait till rice is just warm, then begin assembling rolls. Use wet hands & place 1/6 of the rice on each sheet of Nori shinny side down onto a sushi mat and spread on the first third of the nori sheets. about 1cm from the bottom of each roll make dent with your fingers a horizontal line. Add a little of each vegetable on all rolls & chosen mayo & optional egg omelette strips. Roll tightly using a mat, or if preferred roll free hand. Use a little water on the top 2cm to seal each roll. Let rolls sit for a few minutes (this softens the Nori) before cutting into 1.5 CM slices with a very sharp knife.
Chill and serve with soy sauce mixed with a squeeze of lime juice & a dash of water. Other serving sides are more mayo, wasabi paste or pickled ginger.
Lime wasabi mayo recipe //www.recipecommunity.com.au/sauces-dips-spreads-recipes/lime-wasabi-mayo/156038
In the photo I have shown a different option to cut the rolls on an angle for something a bit different.
Of course there are so many options for fillings avocado is a great idea too or pea shoots.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Not So Tinned Spaghetti
- Mac n Cheeky
- Creamy Prawn Risotto with Lemon, Garlic & Snowpeas
- Tomato, Bacon and Spinach Risotto
- Fully Loaded Risotto
- Easy pasta side dish
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath