- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 red chilli, deseeded (or leave seeds in if you want it hotter)
- 30 g olive oil
- 1000 g ripe tomatoes, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 bunch basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
Place garlic, onion, and chilli into TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds on speed 7, scrape down bowl, chop again if necessary.
Add oil and saute 5 mins, 100 C, speed 1.
Add tomatoes and basil. Chop approx 4 secs on speed 4. Chop again if necessary but do not overchop - keep a bit chunky.
Cook 10-15 mins, 100C, reverse, speed soft, MC off until desired consistency. *Place simmering basket over lid to prevent splattering*
Season with salt and pepper.
Accessories you need
Serve over pasta or gnocchi, garnish with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.
Can use this as a basic Tomatoe Sauce and create endless variations:
Serve over steamed mussels for Chilli Mussels.
Add 20g capers,100g olives,6 anchovies in last 5 minutes to create Puttanesca Sauce.
Add 400g seafood in last 3-5 minutes for Marinara Sauce.
Add 150g chopped bacon after chopping tomatoes and basil, cook as per recipe for Matriciana Sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Tomato, Feta and Basil Pasta
- Best Ever Fried Rice
- GF Easy Non-Fried Fried Rice
- Quick Chick
- Creamy chicken gnocchi with spinach
- Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach risotto
- Red Capsicum Mac and cheese.
- Sweet Potato Pea Risotto
- BLADE COVER Alfredo pasta
- Variation One pot pasta bolognese - Hidden Veg
- Spaghetti bolognese