- 40 g raw cashews
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 pieces bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 chicken thighs, in 1-2cm cubes
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 200 g dairy free milk, (e.g. oat, rice, nut)
- 250 g dried fettucine pasta, broken into halves
- 40 g olive oil
- 2 tablespoon savoury yeast flakes
Mill cashews for 10 sec / speed 10. Reserve in a bowl
Place onion, garlic and bacon into mixing bowl. Chop for 3 sec / speed 7
Add oil and saute for 3 min / Varoma / speed 1
Add chicken and saute for 3 min / Varoma / / speed 1
Add stock paste, water, milk and reserved cashews and cook for 10 min / 100C / / speed 1
Add dried fettucine and mix well with spatula to ensure all pasta is completely submerged in the sauce. Cook for 7-10 min / 100C / / speed
Transfer into Thermoserver. Sprinkle with savoury yeast flakes and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Accessories you need
There are many adaptions you can make to this recipe.
Add 100-200g of your choice of vegetables (mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, brocolli, cauliflower, capsicum) with the onion and garlic and chop/saute.
Replace onion and garlic with chives, green spring onions and parsley/herbs for a low FODMAP version.
Replace fettucine with a firm gluten free fettucine (e.g. San Remo, not a corn based one) for gluten free.
Replace fettucine with another pasta shape if desired.
Remove chicken and bacon for a vegetarian dish (skip the step where you saute the chicken for 3 mins).
If you like a runnier "saucier" dish, add an extra 200g of milk and an extra 10g of cashews.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni
- Hidden Veg Bolognese sauce
- Fried Rice - 28 Program - Sam Wood
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- Mac & Cheese with extras
- Honey mustard chicken
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Tomato, Feta and Basil Pasta
- Best Ever Fried Rice
- GF Easy Non-Fried Fried Rice
- Quick Chick
- Silverbeet & bacon quiche (dairy free)
- Tomato-free Bolognaise Sauce
- Fish Fingers (dairy free)
- Coconut Milk Yoghurt
- Apricot Chia Bars
- Maple Mustard Chicken (low FODMAP, gluten free)
- Steamed Blueberry Puddings (low FODMAP, gluten free)
- Dairy free "Cheese" sauce
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies (grain free)
- Banana & Oat baby biscuits
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Chickpea Dosa
- Chicken and Corn Risotto