- 150 g brown rice
- 50 g tapioca flour
- 50 g buckwheat
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 fillet Salmon
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 30 g olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Mill the brown rice and the buckwheat for 1 min at speed 9.
2. Place all the dry ingredients and mix for 6 secs at speed 6 then add the egg and mix for 6 secs at speed 6.
3. Mix the ingredients at speed 5 with the MC off. Add the water slowly through the MC hole until the dough comes together, then stop mixing.
4. Knead at interval speed for 1 minute.
5. Wrap the dough in a thermomat and rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Boil a pot of salted water.
7. Cut the dough into four equal pieces. Roll each pieace out on the thermomat as this as possible. I found this dough is hard to feed through the pasta machine. Dust plenty of tapioca flour and roll the dough as thin as possile and cut into fettucini like strips with a blunt plastic knife (so you don't damage the thermomat).
8. Cook the pasta in batches in the pot. When the pasta rises to the surface, it is cooked. Drain it in the simmering basket or a colander.
1. Place the basil, almonds, olive oil, garlic and salt in the TM bowl. Blend for 10secs at speed 7. If you like it chunky, blend at speed 5. Set it aside.
2. Cut the salmon into cubes and fry it in a pan or steam it by placing 500g of water in the TM bowl and placing the the salmon in the simmering basket. Steam at veroma for 10 minutes and speed 3.
3. Mix half of the pesto with the salmon.
4. Mix the salmon with the cooked pasta, season to taste and serve immediately.
Make the pesto ahead of time and keep in the fridge. It can be used in other dishes or as a dip.
I tried to uplaod a picture but failed numerous times. Sorry!
You can make many different sauces for the pasta. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- Family Spag Bowl
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free