- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 --- brown onion, halved
- 60 g Butter
- 45 g olive oil
- 1000 g water
- 2 tbsp TM stock (veg or chicken)
- 500 g long grain rice
- 1 --- bay leaf, dried
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 250 g pork mince
- 250 g Veal mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 12 --- zucchini, sliced in half longways with the center removed
- 12 --- tomato, ripe, halved
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, optional [may wish to use 1tsp sugar]
- to taste fetta cheese, crumbled
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Follow the recipe:GREEK OVEN RICE IN THE TM5! - SO QUICK AND EASY
Using the Rice for Stuffing ingredients.
Should you wish to add the Non-Vegitearian option:
Lightly fry the pork and veal mince together with the olive oil and tomato paste. It does not need to be heavily fried as the meat will cook further in the oven.
This can be done quickly while the rice is finishing off.
Once both are ready, mix rice and meat mix together.
Mix the tomato, salt and vinegar [5sec, sp7]
Put the zucchini on a baking tray with the hollow upward and put stuffing in the hollow. Be generous and pat the stuffing down.
Pour the tomato mix over the stuffed zucchinis.
Then sprinkle with fetta.
Bake in a pre-heated oven on 220C for 20 mins covered and then 20 mins not covered.
Accessories you need
The same method can be used with substituting the zucchini for:
*Note the oven time will vary
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy pasta side dish
- Chicken & Bacon Risotto
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- That Thermo Woman - Toddler Pleasing Pasta
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- Ginger, Garlic and Chilli Prawns with Pasta
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Mexican Chicken Bake
- Variation MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- Quick Noodles