THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 80 g brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs, dried
- 20 g olive oil
- 60 g smoked ham (or bacon), roughly chopped
- 400 g passata/canned tomatoes
- 20 g tomato paste
- 580 g water
- 500 g long grain rice, Basmati
- salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion and garlic and chop Turbo/1 sec. Scrape down bowl.
2. Add oil, mixed herbs and saute 2 mins/120C/sp 1.
3. Add chopped ham/bacon, saute 3 mins/120C/sp 1.
Now pull up the TM5 Automated Recipe Boiled Rice.
For this step, you need to make sure the liquid ingredients total 1000g because the rice to liquid ratio MUST be 1:2. Otherwise you won't be able to cook the rice and other ingredients properly at the fixed time.
Pour the tomato passata/tinned tomatoes, add the ketchup/paste and then water.
Tap NEXT. Add 10g salt (or to taste), skip the olive oil and bay leaf. Do NOT turn the dial to start the selector at this step. Tap NEXT.
Add rice. Then proceed to turn the selector to start cooking.
When it finishes, the rice should not be wet. If you get the liquid to rice ratio correct, the rice won't be soggy.
Once cooked, transfer to ThermoServer and allow to rest for 5 mins. It will continue to absorb any little bit of liquid left.
AUTOMATED RECIPE BOILED RICE STEPS
IMPORTANT - This recipe CANNOT be cooked on the TM31. The TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe uses the absorption method where the blade/mixing knife stops spinning while the rice cooks.
Add slices chorizo instead of ham for a stronger Spanish taste.
Chinese Chicken claypot style - instead of ham/bacon, saute 150g chicken thigh pieces with the onion and garlic 5-8 mins/120C/Reverse sp 1. Make sure the chicken is cooked throroughly before using the Automated recipe. Instead of the tomato ingredients, put 10g soy sauce, 20g hoisin/oyster sauce, 10g sesame oil and then water to follow rice ratio.
Chinese Sausage - add sliced lap cheong after sauteing the onion and garlic, then gonstraight to the Automated Recipe steps. You won't need to cook the lap cheong becaused its pre-cooked.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Chick
- Creamy chicken gnocchi with spinach
- Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach risotto
- Red Capsicum Mac and cheese.
- Sweet Potato Pea Risotto
- BLADE COVER Alfredo pasta
- Variation One pot pasta bolognese - Hidden Veg
- Spaghetti bolognese
- Lemon, Mushroom & Blue Cheese Risotto
- Creamy Tomato Eggplant Pasta with Chorizo
- Creamy Pulled Pork Fettuccini
- Creamy Vegetarian Pasta
- Dad's Easy Chicken Curry
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Sambal Belacan Tumis (Fried Chili Shrimp Paste)
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Malaysian Chicken Laksa
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Nyonya Onde-Onde
- Sticky Apple Chocolate Cake
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)