- 2 teaspoon minced garlic, cloves or garlic infused oil
- 30 g olive oil
- 150 g bacon, trim rind only
- 200 g pumpkin, cubed
- 500 g chicken thigh, cubed
- 200 g tomatoes, halved - optional
- 200 g basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons Veg Stock Paste
- 700 g water or chicken broth
- Mixed fresh herbs
- fresh spinach leaves
- mushrooms, optional
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. 2tsp garlic, 30g olive oil and 150g bacon in bowl. Chop 5 seconds speed 6 or until bacon is chopped.
2. Add 600g tomatoes, 2tbs stock paste and 700g water or bone broth, cook 10 minutes/100 Deg/REVERSE speed 1
3. Add chicken pieces, chopped pumpkin, 200g basmati rice, herbs (basil, oregano and parsley) (optional mushroom)
4. Cook 40 mins/100 Deg/REVERSE speed 1, place simmering basket instead of MC.
5. Place spinach into bottom of thermo server and stir through risotto.
*Optional instead of adding pumpkin in step 2 you can roast cubes in oven and add at the end of cooking and stir through.
More Again Risotto
Can leave out tomatoes altogether and add some white wine instead
I personally use mushroom, bone broth and pumpkin and depending on my garden tomatoes! It tastes just as yummy without any of these.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti Marinara
- Aglio Olio
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- Family Spag Bowl
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto