- 12 Dried Shitake Mushrooms, Soak in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- 2 carrots
- 1 stick Celery
- 100 g frozen corn kernels
- 200 g frozen peas
- 20 g sesame oil
- 1/2 an Onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4-6 Rindless Bacon Rashers
- 350 g brown rice
- 1000 g water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp kecap mqanis, or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- --- choped BBQ chicken, optional, for a bigger meal
1. Put carrots & celery into TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds, speed 4-5. Set aside in Varoma.
2. Drain mushrooms but reserve water. Add mushrooms to bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 3.
3. Add to Varoma bowl.
4. Don't wash the bowl.Weigh peas & corn on top of the veg & mushrooms. Put the varoma bowl aside.
5. Put onion & garlic into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 6.
6. Add bacon to bowl and chop for 2 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down bowl & repeat if necessary.
7. Scrape down the bowl, add the oil and saute for 5 minutes, 100C, speed 1.
8. Add to varoma bowl on top of other vegies.
9. Don't wash the bowl. Tare the scales and add the water that was used to soak the mushrooms. Make the water up to 1000 g.
10. Insert basket and weigh in rice (no need to wash).
11. Put lid & MC on.
12. Cook rice 20 mins 100 deg sp 4.
13. Put varoma into place.
14. Cook 15 minutes, Varoma, speed 4.
15. Meanwhile wet & scrunch a piece of baking paper & lay on varoma tray.
16. Pour eggs onto this.
17. When time is up put cubed chicken (if using) in with vegies to warm up and put varoma tray into place and cook for 5 minutes, Varoma, speed 4.
18. Cut egg up with spatula and add to a large bowl (thermoserve not big enough to mix) with the rice and vegetables. Add the sauces, salt & pepper and combine all together.
This results in fairly firm brown rice. If you like yours softer extend the first cooking time.
Great cold as a salad as well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Mexican Chicken Bake
- Variation MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- Quick Noodles
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Hillbilly's Special Non Fried Rice
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Tuna Risotto
- Jude's Mac N Cheese
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Crisp Pastry
- Sweet Potato & Ham Muffins- Gluten Free
- Banana Butterscotch Pudding - Gluten & Dairy Free
- Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- Gluten and dairy Free Garlic, parsley and sweet chilli bread
- Lentil and Cauliflower Dahl in the Camp Oven
- Grapefruit Salad
- GF Bread Rolls
- Salmon Fishcakes - Rissoles - GF
- Banana Smoothie -Dairy Free
- Parsley Pesto
- Non-Fried Fried Rice with Shitake mushrooms
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- Aussie Apple Pie
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Musk Fudge
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE