- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 20 g fresh basil, stalks finely chopped, leaves torn
- 15 g olive oil
- 800 g canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 eggplants, diced into 2 cm cubes
- 2 long red chillies
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 350 g pasta, dry, Any shape such as fusili
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Add garlic, basil and olive oil into "Closed lid" cook sp2, 100deg for 3 mins, MC off.
2. Add tinned tomatoes, 400g water, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper into "Closed lid" Add eggplant and chillis (pierce skin of chillis) into varoma. Cook sp2, varoma for 30 mins.
3. Cook pasta sepeately.
4. Remove chilli and remove skins and seed, finely chop.
5. Add ricotta, basil leaves, chilli and eggplant into "Closed lid" . Stir by hand to gently incoporate the vegetables into the sauce.
6. Serve pasta with sauce and topped with optional parmasen.
Accessories you need
Try making your own ricotta in the thermomix.
You can cook the pasta in the thermoserver.
If you'd like the eggplant more incoporated into the sauce, try in step 5 mix the ingredients together on "Counter-clockwise operation" sp 3 for 3 mins.
** recipe adapted and photo from Jamie Oliver
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)