- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 20 g fresh basil, stalks finely chopped, leaves torn
- 15 g olive oil
- 800 g canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 eggplants, diced into 2 cm cubes
- 2 long red chillies
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 350 g pasta, dry, Any shape such as fusili
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add garlic, basil and olive oil into cook sp2, 100deg for 3 mins, MC off.
2. Add tinned tomatoes, 400g water, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper into Add eggplant and chillis (pierce skin of chillis) into varoma. Cook sp2, varoma for 30 mins.
3. Cook pasta sepeately.
4. Remove chilli and remove skins and seed, finely chop.
5. Add ricotta, basil leaves, chilli and eggplant into . Stir by hand to gently incoporate the vegetables into the sauce.
6. Serve pasta with sauce and topped with optional parmasen.
Try making your own ricotta in the thermomix.
You can cook the pasta in the thermoserver.
If you'd like the eggplant more incoporated into the sauce, try in step 5 mix the ingredients together on sp 3 for 3 mins.
** recipe adapted and photo from Jamie Oliver
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fatet chicken shawerma
- Easy Mac~n~Cheese
- Creamy tomato eggplant pasta with chorizo
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)