- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 carrot, medium, roughly chopped
- 40 grams olive oil
- 500 grams basmati/jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1000 grams water
- 4 stalks Celery, leafy part only
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9African American Asian Australian Caribbean European Mid East Russian Afternoon tea Dinner Lunch Supper Alcohol-free Baby food Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free Austrian Belgian British & Irish Dutch Eastern European French German Greek Italian Luxembourgian Maltese Mediterranean Polish Portuguese Spanish Scandinavian Swiss Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Canadian Latin America Mexican USA Chinese Indian Indonesian Japanese Thai Vietnamese Taiwanese Egyptian Lebanon Turkey Moroccan South African New Zealand Cooking Steam cooking Stir frying Easy Natural Side dish Rice dish
1. Place garlic and carrot into mixing bowl, chop 3 sec / speed 7.
2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl, add olive oil and saute 2 mins / varoma / sp 1.
3. Add rice and salt, saute 2 mins / varoma / / sp 1.
4. Add water and celery leaves, then go to the automated function, boiled rice, the last step in this recipe, then flick it on for automatic cooking.
5. When finished remove celery leaves before serving.
You can add a 5cm square piece of capsicum with the celery for extra flavour, then remove also before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Not So Tinned Spaghetti
- Mac n Cheeky
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Variation Chicken Noodle Rice Paper Rolls
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup