- 500 g Fresh ricotta cheese, I purchase mine from the deli
- 1 zucchini, Larger in size (chopped into chunks)
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch parsley
- 100 g grated parmesan chese, I grate mine in TM5 prior to using
- Salt and pepper, To taste - be generous with the pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 1 brown onion, Peeled and cut into 4
- 200 g short cut bacon, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes, Optional
- 400 g Can of chopped tomatoes
- 30 g olive oil, I used garlic infused
- 200 g water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sugar, salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package Large pasta shells, I purchase from Deli
1h 25minPreparation 25minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Step 1 -
Add Zucchini and Parsley to TM5 Bowl, Chop Speed 5 for 10 seconds. (chop again if still to chunky for you)
Step 2 -
Add Ricotta, eggs, grated Parmesan and salt and pepper. Mix Speed 2 for 15 seconds or until combined. Add additional Salt and Pepper if required
Place filling in a clean bowl and put aside - Clean out TM5 Bowl for sauce.
Place Onion, garlic and bacon into TM5 and chop Speed 5, 10 seconds. Scrape down sides
Add Olive Oil and cook on Varoma, Speed 1 for 5 mins
Step 3 -
Add tin tomato, water, sugar, chilli and bay leaf cook 20 mins, Varoma, Speed 1 with simmer basket over TM5 Lid
Step 4 -
Remove Bay Leaf. Season to taste and Blend 10- 15 seconds, Speed 9
Place sauce on the bottom of a baking dish
Stuff Pasta shells with Ricotta and Zucchini Mixture. I normally stuff until they slightly over flow. (you dont have to and mixture will go further
Step 3- Place each stuffed shell into Sauce. Continue Process until finished.
Step 4 - Place into a pre heated oven 180 until pasta is al dente.
(I usually sprinkle Tasty cheese over the top of dish before placing in the oven - then kids cant see too much of the green stuff!)
Tomato and Bacon Sauce
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Quick fruit sponge
- Raw Tahini Dressing