- 250 g rice
- 750 g water
- 25 g cheese, (Grated For Topping)
- 50 g tomato puree, (or Tomato Paste)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 100 g tomatoes, (Peeled & Chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 300 g minced meat
- 300 g beef stock, (Liquid)
- pinch salt & pepper
2h 5minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Grated Cheese 6sec/speed 6. Set aside
- 2. Place Rice in TM Basket and rinse until water runs clear.
- 3. Place 750g water into Theromix Bowl, Insert TM Basket with Rice, transfer minced meat into the Varoma, and set in place onto Thermomix Bowl.
- 4. Cook until rice is ½ cooked. 10mins/100*C/speed 4.
- 5. Remove the Thermomix Basket with ½ cooked rice, set aside.
- 6. Resume cooking the Minced Meat 5mins/Varoma/speed 4.
- Strain Rice and Cool under cold running water, transfer into Thermoserver and set aside.
- 7. Transfer cooked Minced Meat into the Thermomix Bowl, add chopped Tomatoes and Tomato Puree`, combine 2-3sec/speed 6.
- 8. Add Beef Stock, Allow to Simmer “Reversed” 30mins/Varoma/speed 1.
- 9. Pre-heat Oven to 180*C.
- Line with baking paper or Grease a baking dish. Set aside.
- 10. Once simmered, transfer the ½ cooked rice from the Thermoserver back into the Thermomix Bowl with the Minced Meat, add the remaining ingredients. Combine “Reversed” 3-6sec/speed 3.
- 11. Transfer well mixed Mince Mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 12. Sprinkle Grated Cheese over the top.
- 13. Cook in oven for 35mins or until top is brown.
Ross il-Forn (Maltese Baked Rice)
Mince can also be cooked in the Thermomix Bowl instead of using the varoma, this method my add time to your preparation.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Veg biryani
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce