THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli, (seeds removed if you prefer less heat!)
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- large zucchinis (spiralised), I work on one per adult
- 2 red capsicums, roasted
- 200 g feta cheese, (including any liquid)
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 g olive oil
- 20 g TM veggie stock paste
Firslty grate your parmesan cheese, if you haven't already done so. (up to 10 seconds / speed 9). Put it aside.
No need to clean the bowl. Add the garlic and the chilli and chop for 5 seconds / speed 7. Add the onion and chop for 3 seconds / speed 5. Put it aside.
Give the bowl a quick rinse but no need to dry.
Add all the sauce ingredients into the TM bowl (including the grated parmesan cheese) and blend for 5 seconds / speed 6. Scrape down walls of the bowl and repeat for another 5 seconds / speed 6 until smooth.
At this stage you can use half of the sauce if you're only feeding 2 people and refrigerate the rest for up to 4 days (to make it again later in the week)
Using a large frypan (or wok) over using medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, garlic and chilli and sautee until cooked. Next add the relevant amount of sauce and mix it through over the heat.
Before it gets too hot, add the raw, spiralised zucchini and stir it (I use tongs to lift and move the zucchetti) gently over the heat until it is JUST heated through. You don't want to overcook it because the zucchini will go soggy, which isn't nearly as nice.
This is so easy to do and I always like to buy my capsicums when they are on special and roast up a whole batch.
Cut the capsicums into quarters and deseed them. Lay them skin-side-up on a lined baking tray and grill them for about 10-15 minutes until the skins blister and turn black.
Place the roasted capsicums on a plate and cover with cling-film (I just use a large flying pan lid) so they can sweat for about 15 minutes, and the burnt skins loosen.
Peel the burnt skins off and voila, you have roasted capsicum, ready to use or freeze for later! Yum!
Cooking it all up
ROASTING YOUR OWN CAPSICUMS?
What's a spiraliser?
Here's an easy and super quick meal you can have on the table in minutes and it's low carb!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Chick
- Creamy chicken gnocchi with spinach
- Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach risotto
- Red Capsicum Mac and cheese.
- Sweet Potato Pea Risotto
- BLADE COVER Alfredo pasta
- Variation One pot pasta bolognese - Hidden Veg
- Spaghetti bolognese
- Lemon, Mushroom & Blue Cheese Risotto
- Creamy Tomato Eggplant Pasta with Chorizo
- Creamy Pulled Pork Fettuccini
- Creamy Vegetarian Pasta
- Savoury Crackers
- Egg Drop Soup with Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Stock Paste
- Mulligatawny Soup (Curried Chicken and Rice Soup)
- Carola's Brussels Sprout Delight
- Carola's Cauliflower Soup
- Gulab Jamun
- Spinach and Tuna Lasagne
- Mango & Pistachio Icecream Log
- Pita Bread Pockets
- Shoarma (Shawarma)
- Carola's Mayonnaise