- 2 litres full cream milk
- 40 grams white vinegar
- 400 gram plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 grams Fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 eggs
- 50 grams Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper, black, ground
- 600 grams thickened cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 grams white wine
- 70 grams Basil Pesto
- 50 grams sundried tomato strips
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place milk into mixing bowl and heat 10min/80°C/speed2 MC on. Add vinegar and heat 1min/90°C/speed1 MC on. Leave to sit in mixing bowl for 1min. The milk will separate in to curds and whey.
Set simmering basket over a large bowl and line with 1 layer of paper towel or a nut milk bag. Carefully pour ricotta mixture into lined basket. Leave to drain for 10mins, making sure basket doesnt sit in the drained liquids. Once drained, its ready to use, or refrigerate for later use.
Then, roll out a portion at a time with a rolling pin, or use a pasta machine to roll thin sheets of pasta. Place under a mat, or damp cloth, to prevent it from drying out. Make filling below, and then come back to this step.
Roll out a flat piece of pasta dough and place on the mat or floured bench. Dollop a tsp of ravioli filling mixture (or tbsp if you want bigger ravioli) leaving a gap of 5cm between each dollop. Once you have a couple rows of filling dolloped, place another sheet of the pasta dough over the dolloped area so that they're between two layers. Gently press between each dollop so that the dough closes it in. Using a ravioli stamp, or a blunt knife, cut each ravioli square. If no stamp, using a fork, press around the edges of the ravioli to keep the dough closed so the filling doesnt fall out. Use a little bit of water to seal the edges if needed.
Start making the sauce below, and when it has 10mins left of cooking time, start this next step.
Using a large saucepan, bring water to the boil. Once boiling, insert each ravioli individually, but a lot at a time. Once it floats, its cooked, usually only a few mins. Once cooked, sit in your Thermoserver to keep hot. Repeat any leftover ravioli. Once all ravioli is cooked, and all in Thermoserver or large bowl, pour cooked sauce over the top and gently stir through. The oval serer or a large bowl works best so ravioli doenst get squashed. Serve with Pine nuts, parsley or shallots.
- Add garlic to bowl and chop 3secs/speed7 MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat. Add ricotta, eggs, baby spinach, salt and pepper and mix 10secs/speed2 MC on. Scrape down sides and repeat if needed. Sit aside or refrigerate for later use.
- Add garlic to bowl and chop 5secs/speed7 MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat. Add all other ingreidents except sundried tomato strips. Cook 20mins/100°C/speed1 MC off. Add tomatoes, cook 5mins/100°C/speed1 MC off.
Creamy Pesto Sauce
Use store bought Ricotta if you wish to skip a step.
Make the pasta dough in advance and store in fridge.
Make the sauce in advance, and then reheat it just before ravioli is cooked, if you wish.
Use store bought ravioli if you want it less fiddly. This is a fiddly recipe, but totally worth it.
Use any filling inside the ravioli that you like!
Pic above is chicken ravioli. A great tip is to flatten the filling out and make larger ravioli, rather than have the dollops high..... looks better flat and large!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Prawns
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon