- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tablespoons mirin or white vinegar if unavailable
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1500 g water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package nori sheets
- 1 Continental Cucumber, Sliced lengthwise into 4. Then again into lengths to fit.
- sliced avocado, Optional
- soy sauce and/or Wasabi, To serve
- 1 x 185 g Can tuna, drained. I like the Coles one with chilli oil.
- 2 tablespoons Kewpie mayonnaise, Or your favourite
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the rice into the simmering basket and rinse under cold water.
Place the basket into the jug and measure in the water.
Cook 16-18mins/110°C/ sp 3, or until cooked.
Remove basket, drain well.
Tip the hot rice into a bowl and stir through app 2-3 tablespoons of the Sushi seasoning ( to taste).
Place in the fridge to cool.
- Dissolve the sugar and salt (in a small saucepan) over medium heat on the stove. Stir until dissolved and set aside to cool.
Unroll your Sushi mat on the table.
Place a nori sheet, shiny side down on top of the mat.
Spread a couple of handfuls of the cooled rice rice evenly over the nori, pressing down lightly.
Leave a small border on the top and bottom of the sheet to assist in the rolling.
Combine the drained tuna and mayo in a small bowl.
Place a strip of cucumber, avocado slices and some tuna mix, down the bottom 3rd of the roll.
Roll up the sushi mat, squeeze when it meets the nori, then repeat and squeeze again. *See the link to more detailed instructions.*
Using a sharp knife, slice each roll into 4.
Place in the fridge for an hour or so to soften the nori slightly.
Serve with pickled ginger, soy and Wasabi on the side.
Sooo much better than storebought.. not to mention cheaper..!!
Easy to substitute chicken, salmon or whatever your favourite fillings. 👍
*Here’s a handy link demonstrating how to roll the Sushi.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)