- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 500g chicken, diced
- 600g cooked rice, SEE TIPS BELOW to cook rice BEFORE YOU START
- 1 Pineapple, fresh if you can, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Golden Mountain sauce, OR soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- a pinch salt
- quarter tsp white pepper
- half cup --- Cashews
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- cucumber and coriander, optional for garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Autumn Father's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Winter BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Party Picnic Cooking Stir frying Easy Low budget Quick Asian Brunch Dinner Lunch Supper Egg free Thai Take away food Rice dish
- Add chicken and 1 tbsp soy sauce to TM bowl and cook for 10 minutes,100 degrees, reverse spoon speed, MC ON. Check the chicken is fully cooked, remove from bowl, straining as much of the cooking liquid as you can out, and place into a Thermoserver to keep warm.
- Add pineapple to the TM bowl and sauté for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spoon speed, MC ON
Accessories you need
This recipe uses precooked and cooled steamed jasmine rice which has been refrigerated overnight. If you are cooking rice especially to make this dish, allow it to cool completely before using - even better make it the day before.
Steps for cooking rice in the Thermomix: insert simmering basket into TM bowl and weigh 300g raw white rice (jasmine is most authentic however you can use basmati or a long grain white rice), rinse and massage the rice under cold running tap water, then add 1000g water to TM bowl and cook for 15 minutes, varoma, speed 3. Remove simmering basket with spatula and allow to cool for a few hours or refridgerate overnight to use the following day.
Golden Mountain sauce is a Thai seasoning sauce much like soy sauce however has a deeper flavour and is more salty. It is available in Asian stores however if you can't source it, using soy sauce is fine OR you can use a liquid seasoning like Maggi or Knorr brand - both of which are available in your regular supermarket.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Carbonara pasta sauce ( hidden vege, can be dairy free)
- Jahana's Gluten & dairy free Penne pasta
- Variation Vegetarian 'Fried' Rice
- Cheese Tortellini
- Avocado chicken fettuccine
- Hokkien Mee ala @levi_nathania
- Thermolove Pasta Sauce
- Frozen Vegetable Risotto
- Beef & Basil Pesto Meatballs
- Fresh Sourdough Pasta
- Spicy Mango Chicken Pasta Salad
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)