- 4 Nori Sheets
- (can be increased)
- 250 grams sushi rice
- ( or 80-85 g ms of rice per sheet of nori, up to 400 grams. Approx. 3/4-1 nori sheet will serve 1 person.)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 chicken, thigh
- ( * OPTIONAL you can marinate chicken in 1 cm ginger, small clove garlic
- 2 tbsp tamari/soy, 1 Tbs rice vinegar and 2 Tbsp sugar)
- 1 185 gram tin tuna
- 4 tbsp TMX EDC Mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 l ebanese cucumber
- I carrot
- Tamari/soy sauce and wasabi to serve
8Recipe is created for
Weigh rice into TMX basket, rinse under tap until water is clear. Place basket in TMX bowl and add 900 grams water. Put chicken thigh in Varoma dish, place on top of TMX. If you have marinated the chicken as suggested in the ingredients list, you may want to put it on some baking paper so it doesn't drip into the rice. Cook rice and chicken for 17 mintues, Varoma temperature, on speed 3.5.
While rice is cooking, grate carrot finely and set aside, slice avocado into lengths and set aside, peel deseed and slice cucumber into thin lengths and set aside. Drain tuna and mix with 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise and season with salt if required, set aside. Reserve the remaining 2Tbsp mayonnaise. Mix together the salt, sugar and rice vinegar till dissolved and set aside.
Remove rice and place in shallow dish, meanwhile check if the chicken thigh is cooked through. If not, add more water to the bowl and cook for a few more minutes. When chicken is cooked, cool slightly and cut into thin lengths, set aside.
When rice has cooled a little, stir through rice vinegar dressing. Wait till rice is just warm, then begin assembling rolls. Use 1/4 of the rice on each sheet of Nori and spread to 2cm from the top of each sheet. 10cm from the bottom of each roll make a horizontal line of tuna (two rolls) and chicken (two rolls). Add a little of each vegetable on all rolls. On chicken rolls spread remaining mayonnaise. Roll tightly using a mat, or if preferred roll free hand. Use a little water on the top 2cm to seal each roll. Let rolls sit for a few minutes (this softens the Nori) before cutting into 1.5 CM slices with a very sharp knife.
Chill and serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
Make sure rolls are very tight for a good finished result. Push/squeeze quite tightly as you roll. A freshly sharpened knife is also essential for presentation. Letting the rolls sit for 5 mintues assembled with fillings in helps the Nori soften and makes cutting easier. Also chilling after cutting for at least 1/2 hour lets the Nori soften further which makes eating a lot easier.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Steamed Cheese Custard
- Thai Prawn and Vege Flu Fighting Soup
- Quick Parmesan Spelt Bread Rolls
- Paleo Chewy Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Chai Latte
- 3 Ingredient "Paleo" Choc Icecream
- Sage and Bacon Potato Rosti
- Spinach, Parmesan and Cracked Pepper Muffins
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
- Massaman Curry
- Moreish Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- Butterscotch Baileys
- Almond and Lemon Bliss Balls
- Beef & Pork Burger Patties
- Vanilla and cinnamon candied almonds
- Brandy Ice Cream
- Sago Plum Pudding
- Nuts and Bolts with a twist
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Jaffa cake
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Variation Best Ever Scones