- 40 g raw cashews
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 pieces bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 chicken thighs, in 1-2cm cubes
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 200 g dairy free milk, (e.g. oat, rice, nut)
- 250 g dried fettucine pasta, broken into halves
- 40 g olive oil/or coconut oil
Mill cashews for 10 sec / speed 10. Reserve in a bowl
Remove excess fat from Bacon - Place Bacon, garlic and into mixing bowl. Chop for 3 sec / speed 7
Add oil and saute for 3 min / Varoma / speed 1
Add diced chicken and saute for 3 min / Varoma / / speed 1
Add stock paste, water, milk and reserved cashews and cook for 10 min / 100C / / speed 1
Add dried fettucine and mix well with spatula to ensure all pasta is completely submerged in the sauce. Cook for 7-10 min / 100C / / speed
Transfer into Thermoserver. Sprinkle with savoury yeast flakes and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
There are many adaptions you can make to this recipe.
Add 100-200g of your choice of vegetables (mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, brocolli, cauliflower, capsicum) with the onion and garlic and chop/saute.
Replace onion and garlic with chives, green spring onions and parsley/herbs for a low FODMAP version.
Replace fettucine with a firm gluten free fettucine (e.g. San Remo, not a corn based one) for gluten free.
Replace fettucine with another pasta shape if desired.
Remove chicken and bacon for a vegetarian dish (skip the step where you saute the chicken for 3 mins).
If you like a runnier "saucier" dish, add an extra 200g of milk and an extra 10g of cashews.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI