- 40 g raw cashews
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 pieces bacon, roughly chopped/Excess fat removed
- 2 chicken thighs, in 1-2cm cubes
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 200 g dairy free milk, (e.g. oat, rice, nut)
- 250 g dried fettucine pasta, broken into halves
- 40 g olive oil
Mill cashews for 10 sec / speed 10. Reserve in a bowl
Place trimmed Bacon, onion, garlic and into mixing bowl. Chop for 3 sec / speed 7
Add oil and saute for 3 min / Varoma / speed 1 no MC required
Add diced chicken and saute for 3 min / Varoma / / speed 1
Add stock paste, water, milk and reserved cashews and cook for 10 min / 100C / / speed 1
Add dried fettucine and mix well with spatula to ensure all pasta is completely submerged in the sauce. Cook for 7-10 min / 100C / / speed
serving suggestion - not included in pro points conversion ** sprinkle with some parmesan cheese **
There are many adaptions you can make to this recipe.
Add 100-200g of your choice of vegetables (mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, brocolli, cauliflower, capsicum) with the onion and garlic and chop/saute.
Replace onion and garlic with chives, green spring onions and parsley/herbs for a low FODMAP version.
Replace fettucine with a firm gluten free fettucine (e.g. San Remo, not a corn based one) for gluten free.
Replace fettucine with another pasta shape if desired.
Remove chicken and bacon for a vegetarian dish (skip the step where you saute the chicken for 3 mins).
If you like a runnier "saucier" dish, add an extra 200g of milk and an extra 10g of cashews.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake