- 2 pieces orange peel
- 60 g raw almonds
- 150 g dried appricots
- 75 g dates
- 100 g water
- 100 g raisins
- 150 g Desiccated Coconut
- 120 g skim milk powder, or soy milk powder for dairy free
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place orange peel in mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Add almonds to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
2. Place dried apricots and dates in mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7. Add water and heat 3 min/100/reverse/speed 1.
3. Add raisins, 100g coconut, skim milk powder, reserved almonds and orange zest and combine 10 sec/reverse/speed 3.
4. Remove mixture from bowl and divide into thirds. Place remaining desiccated coconut on a piece of cling wrap and roll one third of the mixture into a log. Roll the log in the coconut. Wrap log tightly in another piece of cling wrap and place in the refrigerator. Repeat with remaining thirds. Chill overnight until firm.
5. Slice in 5mm pieces and serve on a cheese board with a good quality cheddar.
Accessories you need
will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tobasco Sauce
- Passata Sauce
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Almond butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Capsicum Paste (biber salças)
- The Thermomixing Mum's Veggie Loaded Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- Sardine Paté - Portuguese Style
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup
- Cinnamon Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad