- 2 Eggplants (Whole)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat grill to 220°c.
2. Place the eggplant on your thermomat (on a tray) OR a tray lined with baking paper under the grill and turn every 5 mins until all sides of the eggplants are charred to your liking - I like ours pretty smokey.
Tip - Keep the windows open to avoid the smoke alarm going off!
3. Turn grill off and roast on 180°c for an extra 15 mins or until very soft.
4. Allow to cool
1. Chop garlic and parsley on sp 7 for 5 sec. Scrape bowl and repeat
2. Add the peeled eggplants and discard the skins.
3. Slice lemon and add juice straining through steamer basket to catch the seeds. (we use a whole lemon but adjust to taste)
4. Add all remaining ingredients accept olive oil and blend sp 5 for 5 Sec and repeat until you have reached the desired consistancy of sensational Thermie-made Baba Ganoush!
5. Serve with a sprinke of Paprika or Sumac
6. If there are any left overs you can store in an airtight bottle and pour a little olive oil over the top. And remember - no Double Dipping!
Char The Eggplant
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Vegan Nut Free Nutella
- Homemade Le Snack
- Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- That Thermo Woman - Small Batch Hollandaise Sauce
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Tomato and onion relish
- That Thermo Woman - Spicy Harissa
- Thai Satay Marinade
- Cashew Cheese
- Dairy Free Cheesy Queso sauce/dip
- Strawberry Carrot Leather
- Fail free Muffins
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear