- 2 Eggplants (Whole)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat grill to 220°c.
2. Place the eggplant on your thermomat (on a tray) OR a tray lined with baking paper under the grill and turn every 5 mins until all sides of the eggplants are charred to your liking - I like ours pretty smokey.
Tip - Keep the windows open to avoid the smoke alarm going off!
3. Turn grill off and roast on 180°c for an extra 15 mins or until very soft.
4. Allow to cool
1. Chop garlic and parsley on sp 7 for 5 sec. Scrape bowl and repeat
2. Add the peeled eggplants and discard the skins.
3. Slice lemon and add juice straining through steamer basket to catch the seeds. (we use a whole lemon but adjust to taste)
4. Add all remaining ingredients accept olive oil and blend sp 5 for 5 Sec and repeat until you have reached the desired consistancy of sensational Thermie-made Baba Ganoush!
5. Serve with a sprinke of Paprika or Sumac
6. If there are any left overs you can store in an airtight bottle and pour a little olive oil over the top. And remember - no Double Dipping!
Char The Eggplant
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.