- 1 slice smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 600 g pure cream, chilled
- 500 g water, chilled
1. Cook bacon in a small, non-stick frypan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp (approx. 6 mins).
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper-towel lined plate to drain. Reserve 1 tbs bacon drippings.
3. Add cream to TM bowl and insert butterfly. Whip 1-3 mins on Speed 4 until buttermilk separates from solids. Remove butterfly.
4. Drain buttermilk into a separate jug using the steaming basket (save for banana bread!). Press butter solids against the side of the basket with TM spatula to ensure all liquid has been removed.
5. Place solids back into TM bowl and add chilled water. Mix 5 seconds on Speed 4. Drain liquid into a separate bowl (don’t keep this) using the steaming basket. Press butter solids against the side of the basket with TM spatula to ensure all liquid has been removed.
6. Place solids back into TM bowl along with the cooked bacon, reserved drippings, bourbon, maple syrup, brown sugar and salt. Mix 10 secs on Speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix 5 secs on Speed 9.
7. Transfer butter mixture to a sheet of baking paper, placing on edge closest to you. Fold paper over and roll into a cylinder, twisting the edges to enclose. Wrap airtight in alfoil. Chill until solid (approx. 2 hours).
Butter will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months.
Use on sandwiches, hamburgers, as a dip or a steak topper!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.