- 50 g pine nuts
- 2 Lemon peel, strips (use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 --- fresh basil, bunch
- 1/2 lemons, or more to taste
- 3 clove garlic
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 60 g extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste
1. Add pine nuts to bowl and roast Varoma/4 min/speed 1. Set aside.
2. Add the two strips of lemon peel to the bowl and zest, speed 7/10 seconds. Scrape down and repeat.
3. Add everything except olive oil to the bowl: pine nuts, basil (leaves and soft stems), lemon juice, garlic and cheese. Mix speed 6/2 seconds.
4. Add the olive oil. Mix again, speed 6/2 seconds for a chunkier pesto (how I like it). If you prefer it smoother, mix it for a second or 2 longer.
Accessories you need
If using block cheese, grate it prior to toasting pine nuts. Omit the cheese entirely if you would prefer it to be dairy free.
Pine nuts could be substituted with cashews - I probably wouldn't bother roasting them first though.
Play around with quantities to suite your taste. I love a little lemony kick with the zest.
The more olive oil you use, the longer it will last. The oil helps keep the basil looking green. Drizzle a little oil over it before storing in the fridge to help preserve it longer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Supercharged Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Spreadable Butter
- Sweet potato & banana paleo muffins (nut free)
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Chocolate Brownie Balls, with superfoods (Paleo & Vegan)
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls