Beetroot & Red Onion Balsamic Relish
- 700 grams Beetroot, Peeled & cut into eighths
- 250 grams Red Onions, Peeled & cut into quarters
- 200 grams Brown Sugar
- 1 level tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 level teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 level teaspoon Nutmeg
- 200 grams Balsamic Vinegar
- dash Lemon Juice
- to taste Salt
- to taste Pepper
- 100 --- mls (1 x MC) Water
40minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 35min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onions into TM Bowl, MC on and chop for 10 seconds on speed 5. Add oil and saute for 5 minutes at 100 degrees celsius on Speed 1. Place aside in another bowl.
- Add beetroot to TM bowl and grate for 10 - 20 seconds on Speed 6 with MC on, scrape down the sides every 5 - 10 seconds to incorporate all the beetroot and to check on the desired size of the beetroot.
- Add the onion mix into the TM bowl with the beetroot. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 30 mins / Varoma / / with MC off and with TM basket on.
- Allow to cool slightly and then place into approximately 4 x 250 g sterilised jars and store in the refrigerator.
This is delicious on chicken and salad wraps. Yummy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Slider Buns
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Mini Quiches
- Variation Roast Chicken with Spice Rub & Stuffing
- Jam tart daisies
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Variation Energy Muffins
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Mexican Style meat stack
- Almond & Oat Milk
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Yummy Carrot Spice Bliss Balls