- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 small green cooking apples, cored and halved
- 800 g ripe tomatoes, halved
- 6 pitted prunes
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika, smoky paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 g apple cider vinegar
- 2 level tbsp treacle
- 2 bay leaf, I use 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 level tsp Cooking salt
- 150 grams water, If you like your sauce to run, use the extra water
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place garlic, onion and apple into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
Add tomatoes and plums and mix for 30 seconds on speed 7.
Add all other ingredients and cook for 30 minutes at 100ºC on speed 1 with MC in place
To thicken sauce cook for another 14 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1. (As I add the extra water, I always cook for longer for more flavour)
To reduce spatter, but allow reduction of liquid, replace MC with steamer basket.
Insert measuring cup into mixing bowl lid, then blend 1 min/speed 4-8, increasing speed gradually from speed 4 to speed 8. Pour into hot sterilised bottles and tip them upside down to seal.
Should store in dark place unopened for a few years. Once open, refrigerate and use within a few weeks.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Crisp Pastry
- Sweet Potato & Ham Muffins- Gluten Free
- Banana Butterscotch Pudding - Gluten & Dairy Free
- Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- Gluten and dairy Free Garlic, parsley and sweet chilli bread
- Lentil and Cauliflower Dahl in the Camp Oven
- Grapefruit Salad
- GF Bread Rolls
- Salmon Fishcakes - Rissoles - GF
- Banana Smoothie -Dairy Free
- Non-Fried Fried Brown Rice with Shitake mushrooms
- Parsley Pesto