- 200 grams raw almonds
- 80 grams raw walnuts
- 70 grams medjool dates, (approx 4 dates)
- 80 grams dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Macadamia or Coconut Oil, optional
Preheat oven to 175oC. Place all nuts on a baking tray and roast until slightly golden brown, approximately 10-15 minutes. Once finished, set aside to cool.
Chop dates 5 sec / speed 10. Scrape sides of the bowl and set dates aside.
Add cooled nuts into the TM bowl and mix until it turns into a butter-like consistency. 2 mins / speed 9.
Add chocolate chips to melt and mix 1 min / speed 9.
Add reserved mixed dates, cacao powder and salt and mix 20 sec / speed 8.
The consistency of the batter at this point is like brownie batter – thick, moist and dense. However if you prefer something a little more runny, this is where you can add your macadamia or coconut oil and mix until you achieve the spread consistency you like. When you’re happy with the results, transfer to a sterilised jar and enjoy.
Accessories you need
Don’t be limited to spreading this fudgy, nutty goodness on toast; think waffles, pancakes, fruit… whatever tickles your fancy! I also keep this spread in my pantry for approximately a week.
For a recipe with step by step photos, visit my blog - //www.lalaskitchen.net/?p=785
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti
- Sweet Custard Buns
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Tomato Sauce
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Sugar Cookies
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Savoury Scones
- Pumpkin Scones
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies